Dr. Mayank Shekhar
Mayank Shekhar is an Assistant Professor in the School of Historical Studies, Nālandā University. He completed his Ph.D. from School of Sanskrit & Indic Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He received prestigious Post-doctoral fellowship of the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi to work on “Tracing the genealogy of Abhinavagupta’s aesthetics”.
- Bhaṭṭa Tota’s Kavyakautuka and its impact on Abhinavagupta’s aesthetics in Kalakalpa: IGNCA Journal of Arts, Volume IV, Number 1, 2019.
- Sādhāraṇīkaraṇa of supernatural characters in dramatic art: Abhinavagupta’s take on Bhaṭṭa Nāyaka in Kalakalpa: IGNCA Journal of Arts, Volume II, Number 2, 2018
- A note on Kohala: an ancient writer on Indian Aesthetics in the Journal of the Oriental Institute, MS University of Baroda, Baroda, Volume 63, Nos. 1-4
- Hṛdayadarpaṇa of Bhaṭṭa Nāyaka: a lost masterpiece of Indian Aesthetics in the Kirti-raksana: a publication of the National Mission for Manuscripts, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, Vol. 8 & 9, 2013- 2014
- Abhinavagupta’s concept of purpose of poetry in the Pratyabhijñāna: Ᾱcārya Abhinavagupta Millennium Year Special Issue, 2017
- “Abhinavagupta on some key terms of Indian aesthetics” in a book entitled Ᾱcārya Abhinavagupta: Cultural, Literary and Philosophical Study, New Delhi, 2018
- Dhvanyālokalocana: Dīpśikhā vyākhyā ke viśeṣa sandarbha mein in “Modern Perspective on Vedanta: Proceeding of the 20th International Congress of Vedanta”, organised by Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies, Centre for Philosophy (Jawaharlal Nehru University) and University of Massachusetts, USA
- Abhinavagupta on art methodology in “Art: A Multi Disciplinary Perspective”, 2 nd Seminar Proceedings: organised by the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts in collaboration with Museum & Art Gallery and S. Sobha Singh Department of Fine Arts, Punjabi University, Patiala
- Edited with Prof. Rajaneesh Kumar Shukla, Ᾱcārya Abhinavagupta: Cultural, Literary and Philosophical Study, New Delhi, 2018
- Edited with Prof. Rajaneesh Kumar Shukla “Ᾱcārya Abhinavagupta: Sanskritika, Sahityika Va Darsanika Vimarsa, New Delhi, 2018
- Curated an Exhibition entitled The Cultural Heritage of Jammu-Kashmir & Ladakh in Jammu Kashmir Festival(2018) organised by the Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts, New Delhi
- Curated an Exhibition entitled 19 th Kushok Bakula Rinpoche: a visionary saint at Central Institute of Buddhist Studies, Leh (Ladakh) as part of Kushok Bakula birth Centenary concluding function (2018)
Ph.D. from School of Sanskrit & Indic Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (2013) M.Phil. from School of Sanskrit & Indic Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (2008) Masters from faculty of Arts, Banaras Hindu University (2005)