When to arrive
The academic year starts on the first Monday of August every year. The Residence Halls open at least two days prior to the commencement of session.
One can report to her/ his respective Residence Hall (map) directly or contact the Student Affairs Team for guidance.
Residence Hall allotment
Once the admission letter is offered, students can fill up the Residence Hall form indicating their preference of a room. Accommodation will be provided on first come first served basis and the hostel allocation committee will try its best to meet all the students’ preferences. The final discretion, however, lies with the Committee and must be adhered to.
Payment of Fees
On receiving the Offer Letter, the fees should be paid within the date specified in the Admission letter. The admission offer will be confirmed only after the payment of the fees. The fees maybe paid through one of the following:
- Demand Draft
- NEFT/ RTGS
- Wire Transfer
A printed copy of the fees receipt must be submitted at the time of enrollment process. The original copy of the receipt will be dispensed by from Finance Department to be collected at the time of Registration.
For students in need of financial assistance, the details of the various scholarship and aids can be found here.
Filling up forms
After the completion of the payment process, you are required to:
- Download all the forms
- Fill them and get it scanned, and
- Mail it to [email protected]
Your first week
You may feel like you’re stepping into the unknown while starting your journey at NU, but there is no need to worry. By completing all the relevant tasks put together in this checklist, you can ensure a smooth transition into your life at NU.
Check out the Academic Calendar for the Orientation Schedule and details of other events planned for the fresher.
The final part of registration takes place on arrival at the University. One needs to complete their registration process at a place designated by Student Affairs Office (will be informed through email) on day One. All original as well as the hard copies of online registration forms will be required during the registration process. The original documents will be returned after scrutiny. However Migration Certificate from the previous University will be required to be submitted in original.
In the case of difficulties faced in opening a Bank A/C or activation of SIM card, the Student Affairs Team will direct you to the concerned officials of the respective Bank or service provider. The University can act only as a guiding entity and the responsibility of availing such facilities and providing such facilities lies on the requester and concerned service provider respectively.
Ask for yourself
- Have you collected and brought all the documents ?
- Have you paid the Fees as per the instructions given in the offer letter?
- Have you brought the essentials for your residence hall ?
- Have you packed up essential medications? In the case of an ongoing condition, please carry your prescriptions and medical history.
- Have you taken your bank passbook and ATM cards?
- Have you filled all the forms ?
- Have you gone through the Student and Residence Hall handbook?
- Have you checked out the Orientation Schedule (Oriental Schedule is published 15 days before academic session begins) before planning for your arrival?
Before you proceed
As a new student at NU, you are required to carry the documents provided in the check list:
- A copy of Student Registration Forms
- A copy of Residence Hall Registration Forms
- Copy Of Offer Letter
- Matriculation Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Mark Sheets
- Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Original Migration Certificate
- Affidavit- Anti Ragging
- Medical Undertaking
- Passport Size Photographs (10)
- Identity Proof (Passport/ Aadhar card)
Students are required to bring the original documents for verification which will be returned after scrutiny (excluding Migration Certificate, which will be retained by the University).
3. Think about what to pack ?
If you’re wondering what you might be needing when you get to NU, here are a few things you can vet with the checklist before your departure:
Things for residence hall (list is indicative)
- Quilt (Contact of Local Quilt makers)
- Bed Linen(Bed & Pillow Covers, Bed Spreads)
- Summer Wear
- Winter Clothing’s (Jerkins, Sweater, Gloves, Scarf)
- Shower Gels, Shaving equipment etc.
- Electric Kettle
- Mobile Chargers
- Socket Adapters(International Students)
- Induction and Microwave friendly utensils
- Curtains (Sizes according to the Residence Hall)
Things for your course (list is indicative)
Do not worry if you forget any of the above-listed things – there are plenty of shops near the Interim Campus that will cater to your daily needs.
6. Forms to be filled
- Net Access Form
- Medical insurance Form
- Library Card Form
- ID Card Form
- Undertaking for Partial Fee Payment.
- Student Undertaking Form
Mr Ravi Ranjan
Manager,Tathagat Residence Hall
Mobile: +91 7544010462
Dr Ravi Kumar Singh
Manager, Maitreya Residence hall & Ananda Residence hall
Mobile: +91 7858071459
Mr Anil Jha
Manager, Ajatshatru Residence Hall
Mobile: +91 7463886400
Admin Assistant (Student Affairs)
Mobile: +91 8002349837